Scholarships Awarded from The ACAF Dollars for Scholars Program
On May 21st 124 recipients from across Allegany County were awarded a total of $247,500 from the Allegany County Area Foundation Dollars for Scholars Program. These recipients were chosen from a total of 248 applicants who plan to attend college in the fall. Of the total number of recipients 54% were current high school seniors while the other 46% were already attending college.
The Allegany County Area Foundation Dollars for Scholars manages thirty different scholarships. This year two different scholarships were awarded for the first time. They were the Ann Swift Memorial Nursing Scholarship and the Betty Embser Wattenberg Community Service Scholarship.
Heather Haas, a current senior at the Cuba Rushford Central School, received the first Ann Swift Memorial Nursing Scholarship. She recognized Mr. Josh Tompkins for having a great influence on her high school career.
Sydney Sisson, a current senior at the Wellsville High School, recieved the first Betty Embser Wattenberg Community Service Scholarship. She recognized Mrs. Bev Sweet for having a great influence on her high school career.
The Foundation wishes to thank all of its donors who make this event possible each year! Your are welcome to view our complete list of our 2017 scholarship recipients.
The Allegany County Area Foundation holds assets of over 8.5 million dollars. The endowed funds continue to grow in perpetuity to enrich and improve the lives of Allegany County people. If you would like more information on how you can provided a legacy of hope and good will in our community, please contact the Allegany County Area Foundation at 585-808-8444 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com.